Sunday, August 31, 2008

Bluetooth on Ubuntu

Browse Bluetooth Devices
(depend on the bluetooth device, this feature may work successfully, partial, or does not work at all)



I select to browse my Sony Ericsson K850i mobile phone.



I can browse the contents of my device whether stored in phone memory or memory card.



I copied a file from the memory card to my Ubuntu's Desktop. The process takes considerable time for a big file because limitation speed for bluetooth.



The bluetooth device can be mount or unmount just like we used another external storage devices. We should unmount before disconnect the device.



Send Files
I did paring from my O2 Atom Life (PDA Phone) to my laptop. After paring successfully, I can send file to my PDA.











Notes
I do not know why my O2 Atom Life PDA is recognized as a computer, and try to browse the device will report that the computer is down. As alternative, I can send the file by using bluetooth from PDA. Then I will receive the file sent to my computer on the Desktop.

No comments: